In this blog, we embark on a journey to uncover the intricacies of warehouse robotics, dissecting its functions and widespread applications in mobile robots. We explore the fundamental features, learning in-depth how these automated systems maximise warehouse productivity. We unravel these robots’ roles in increasing productivity, from expedited picking and sorting to practical transportation of goods.
Additionally, we examine the cross-industry adaptability of warehouse robotics, establishing how these advancements redefine logistics in the manufacturing, retail, and distribution domains
What is warehouse robotics?
The use of automated machinery and systems to optimise and streamline various tasks in a warehouse environment is known as warehouse robotics. These robots can sort, pick, pack, and transport goods because they have sophisticated sensors, AI-driven software, and mechanical capabilities. By leveraging robotics, warehouses can significantly increase efficiency, accuracy, and speed in handling inventory while reducing manual labour and operational costs.
Functions of Warehouse Robotics
- Automated Task Handling: By automating repetitive tasks like picking, packing, moving, and sorting, warehouse robotics reduce human intervention and maximise productivity.
- Precision navigation: Thanks to sophisticated sensors, robots can navigate warehouse areas safely and effectively by avoiding obstacles and moving through them quickly.
- Enhanced sorting capabilities: AI-driven systems guarantee precise SKU-level sorting, improving the efficiency and precision of warehouse sorting procedures.
- Cost Reduction and Safety Improvement: By streamlining operations and creating a more secure work environment with predictable, controlled movements, robotics implementation lowers operating costs and improves warehouse safety.
Types of Mobile Robots in Warehouse Robotics
1. Autonomous Mobile Robot: Dynamo
With the help of LiDAR sensors and computer vision, our autonomous mobile robot Dynamo skilfully manages up to 2500 kg of materials, guaranteeing smooth navigation and secure mobility in warehouse environments.
1. Autonomous movement for efficient material handling.
3. Utilises safety sensors and mapping technology for obstacle avoidance.
4. Navigates without human intervention.
1. Facilitates seamless transport of goods.2. Ensures safety by manoeuvring around people, equipment, and inventory.
3. Performs tasks with advanced navigational precision.
2. Robotic Sorter: Zippy
Our cutting-edge sorting robot, Zippy, uses grid-based ground markers and obstacle detection to sort SKUs efficiently and quickly at high speeds while remaining cost-efficient.
1. Obstacle detection technology2. Grid-based ground markers for intelligent sortation
3. Utilises AI-driven algorithms and sensors for precise item identification.
4. High-speed sorting capability of up to 30,000 sorts/hour
5. 99.9% accurate SKU-level sorting
1. Performs SKU-wise intelligent sortation.2. Transfers items to designated locations accurately.
3. Optimises warehouse operations by addressing demand fluctuations.
4. Enhances overall efficiency through speed and accuracy.
3. Multi carton picking mobile robot: Veloce
Our state-of-the-art Multi Carton Picking Mobile Robot is intended to transform warehouse operations. Grid-based navigation simplifies multi-level carton storage and retrieval without extra infrastructure and enables effective handling.
1. A fleet of robots uses grid-based navigation routes to store and pick up carton loads more effectively.2. Brings required cartons directly to order pickers, eliminating manual searching and travel within the warehouse.
3. Reduces labour costs and enhances picking accuracy and speed for streamlined order fulfilment.
1. Enables multi-level storage and retrieval seamlessly.2. Collaborates in grid-based navigation for optimised operations.
3. Streamlines order fulfilment with speed and accuracy.
4. Vertical Sortation Robot: SortIE
Our cutting-edge Vertical Sortation Robot transforms warehouse operations with AI-enabled sorting automation, guaranteeing precise and effective packet sorting across various heights.
1.AI-enabled sorting automation for enhanced scalability and speed in warehouse operations.2. Travels on a dedicated track, sorting packets to designated locations at various heights.
3. Ensures accurate sortation using an efficient belt mechanism and precise machine control.
4. Maximises efficiency, reduces errors, and enhances productivity through advanced technology and intelligent algorithms.
5. Redefines order fulfilment strategies in distribution centres, warehouses, and industrial facilities.
1. Executes AI-enabled sorting for scalability and speed enhancement.2. Redefines order fulfilment strategies in distribution centres, warehouses, and industrial facilities.
5. Rail Guided Vehicle: Travect
The pallets are quickly and safely moved along predefined paths, optimising warehouse, and factory logistics.
1. Enables high throughput and swift movement of pallets in warehouses and factories.2. Utilises predetermined tracks or rails for precise movement, ensuring speed and accuracy.
3. Reduces operating costs and enhances safety with controlled and predictable actions.
4. Connects different warehouse areas for efficient goods transportation.
5. Offers an economical and flexible alternative to rigid conveyor systems.
1. Swiftly moves pallets along predetermined paths for high throughput.
2. Ensures precise and controlled movement for increased safety.
Advantages of Warehouse robotics: Mobile Robots
- Enhanced productivity: Robots simplify processes, saving time and human labour while increasing efficiency.
- Improved accuracy: Errors are minimal when sorting, picking, and packing jobs are carried out with precision-driven automation.
- Cost Savings: Automation lowers labour expenses and maximises resource use, resulting in long-term cost savings.
- Enhanced safety: Because robots work in controlled environments, there is a lower chance of accidents and a safer working environment for humans.
- Scalability: Warehouse robots provide flexible scalability, making adjusting to shifting needs and company expansion simple without requiring a significant overhaul.
Applications of Mobile Robots in warehouse robotics across industries
- E-commerce: By swiftly selecting, packaging, and arranging goods for delivery, robotics in e-commerce helps to expedite order fulfilment procedures. Automated guided vehicles (AGVs) are designed to navigate warehouse spaces in a way that meets the demands of the rapidly expanding online retail sector by ensuring accurate and timely order deliveries.
- Manufacturing: Robots are essential to handling inventory movement, assisting production lines, and manufacturing. Robots increase accuracy and efficiency in various tasks, from material handling to assembly, which raises production rates and improves product quality.
- Logistics & Distribution: Warehouse robotics optimises inventory management in logistics and distribution centres, enabling adequate storage and retrieval procedures. To meet the demands of a dynamic market and speed up the flow of products through the supply chain, robotic systems help with sorting, palletising, and transporting goods.
Addverb’s Robotic solutions for revolutionizing warehouse operations
Our speciality at Addverb is providing innovative solutions in warehouse robotics. Our cutting-edge mobile robots serve a range of sectors, such as manufacturing, distribution & logistics, and e-commerce.
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS): Revolutionizing warehouse storage, our ASRS offerings, including Crane ASRS, Multi-level shuttle systems, and Carton shuttle systems, are meticulously designed for precise and efficient storage and retrieval of cartons and pallet loads. These advanced automated systems ensure optimized inventory management and rapid access to goods, enhancing overall warehouse efficiency.
- Person-to-Goods Solutions: Our Person-to-Goods solutions redefine order fulfilment by merging ergonomic principles with precise picking processes. Rapido, our Pick-to-Light solution, empowers swift and accurate order fulfilment, while Zesty, our Pick-by-Voice technology, streamlines operations through seamless voice commands. These solutions eliminate unnecessary movement, maximizing productivity and accuracy in warehouse operations.
- Warehouse Management, Execution, and Control Software: Addverb offers a comprehensive suite to streamline warehouse operations within our software solutions. These software solutions are tailored to streamline warehouse processes and increase productivity.
- Optimus, our Warehouse Management System (WMS), optimizes resource utilization and material flows for enhanced operational efficiency.
- Concinity, our Warehouse Execution System (WES), efficiently manages material and information flow across automation systems.
- Mobinity, our Warehouse Control System (WCS), intelligently directs and integrates all warehouse operations, optimizing material flows across automation equipment and Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
Warehouse robotics usher in a new era of industrial automation by transforming the operations of various industries. These solutions maximize productivity and security in e-commerce, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution with their streamlined tasks, accurate navigation, and adaptable applications. Adopting warehouse robotics is a step forward, offering increased productivity and adaptability to meet contemporary business needs.
1. How do mobile robots enhance warehouse efficiency?
Mobile robots optimize warehouse efficiency by automating tasks like picking, sorting, and transportation, reducing operational time and labour costs.
2. What benefits do mobile robots offer in warehouse settings?
Mobile robots improve inventory management and logistics by enabling precise navigation, minimizing errors, and maximizing throughput.
3. What are Addverb’s Dynamo’s autonomous mobile robot’s key features?
4. What kind of interfaces do warehouse robots have with the current warehouse management systems (WMS)?
Modern warehouse robots are built to seamlessly integrate with WMS through compatible software interfaces to facilitate effective communication and coordination for tasks like inventory management, order fulfilment, and tracking within the overall warehouse infrastructure.