Join us in revolutionizing the way warehouses operate by automating material handling systems! As a Project Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing and configuring cutting-edge solutions to streamline operations and exceed client expectations.
The role within the Project function is an exciting opportunity that offers a chance to contribute to project delivery and management while showcasing technical expertise and leadership skills. It requires working collaboratively with a team, adhering to quality norms, and meeting scheduled timelines and budgetary constraints. They may supervise or manage a team, depending on the seniority of the position. It is a dynamic role that requires both technical expertise and excellent communication skills to interact with both internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of the project and will work closely with departments such as R&D Mechanical, R&D Controls, Solution Design, After Sales, Sales, and Manufacturing. External interactions will include third-party vendors and customers. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, this role is for you.
- Gathering project requirements by interacting with the engineering team and other disciplines, actively participating in IKOM and EKOM, visiting the site for due diligence and gap analysis, and incorporating applicable lessons learned from prior projects.
- Configure the project in the engineering station, develop HMI/SCADA graphics statics, configure tags, develop dynamic objects, faceplates, and scripts, configure alarms, trends, tag logging, users, and security.
- Develop the sequence of operations and other required technical documents and Secure customer approvals on design, templates, graphics, operation philosophy/SOP
- Develop PLC logic and interfaces with WCS/WES and third-party systems, provide information for HMI/SCADA development, participate in Functional Acceptance Test (FAT) to close snags, obtain customer approvals, and maintain project backups using version control.
- Participate in review meetings, identify and understand any changes in customer requirements or project scope that may impact development, discuss with the project manager, and document the proposed changes' impact on the project timeline and cost.
- Create SOP for users, participate in the Site Acceptance Test (SAT), provide handover and detail briefing to the implementation team, and enable the implementation team to carry out the installation and commissioning process
- Provide remote support during installation and commissioning, maintain issue list and resolution time, attend site observations, and close snag points, and enable site engineer/manager to secure customer approvals of configuration
- Continuously improve processes by documenting lessons learned, conducting root cause analysis of issues encountered during site execution/support and proposing preventive actions, and reviewing the library object development process to identify and implement opportunities for standardisation.
Key Skills, Qualifications, and Required Years of Experience
- Education qualification of B. Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics, Instrumentation, Electronics, Electrical
- Prior Experience of 2- 6 years in site execution with control development warehouse automation, suppliers of warehouse automation equipment
- Required qualifications/skills include PLC programming, SCADA & HMI development experience, networking knowledge (e.g., Ethernet, Profinet), and familiarity with industrial communication protocols such as Profibus, Profinet, OPC UA/DA, etc.
- Other preferred skills are scripting experience in languages such as VB, C, C++
Be a part of a multi-disciplinary culture with a diverse mindset!
As the largest Robotics company based out of India, Addverb provides the chance to work alongside intellectual minds and be part of a diverse, multi-disciplinary culture. With international exposure and a flexible work environment based on freedom with responsibility, Addverb offers endless opportunities for growth and learning. Additionally, enjoy great health benefits, marriage benefits, paternity, and maternity leaves.