Join us in revolutionising the way warehouses operate by designing robust products to power innovative automation solutions! This role entails designing and enhancing products to meet functional, manufacturing, maintenance, aesthetic, user experience, and safety standards.
The Product Design Engineer role is based out of Bot-Valley, Noida, and plays a vital role in designing and improving products. They will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and introducing new products, as well as improving existing products, based on a range of parameters related to functionality, manufacturability, maintainability, aesthetics, cost-effectiveness, user experience, and environmental & safety standards. This role requires collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders. They will also be responsible for evaluating new technologies and materials to enhance product quality and performance.
- Initiating new product development by receiving/gathering a new solution or product requirement from the sales team or from the management.
- For product development a person needs to seek inputs by visiting various project sites, and customers and by doing market research.
- A person needs to adopt an iterative approach to arrive at the product attributes and specifications
- A person needs to conceptualize & produce ideas for taking into account the pros and cons of implementing those ideas, assessing risks, minimizing the likelihood of error, achieving projected costs, and evaluating the potential success of the intended project
- A person needs to Prepare 3D CAD and project plan/timelines for review and approval of the design head
- A person needs to apply tools and techniques to ensure a safe, robust & reliable design (DFMEA, DoE, etc.)
- Understand International regulatory requirements (like UL, CE certifications) and incorporate those requirements in the design
- Prepare 2D and 3D drawings and release BOM for prototyping; incorporate maker–checker concept within the design team for drawing validation
- Develop a test plan & quality check requirements and finalize in consultation with ME & Quality teams
- Incorporate changes to the product design based on the feedback from the prototyping test and trial.
- Release final drawings and BOM
- Identify opportunities in existing & new products to reduce the weight and cost of the product and/or improve the performance of the product
Key Skills, Qualifications, and Required Years of Experience
- Education qualification of BE/B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from tier I or tier II Institute
- Prior Experience of 1 - 5 years in conveyor & machine design, warehousing, SPM building, automobile, and auto ancillary industry with exposure to generation o layout & assembly drawings, selection of Machine design catalogue items, sheet metal, fabrication, machining, welding, bending & assembly processes.
- Required skills include CAD proficiency in Solid Works
- Other preferred skills are exposure to BricsCad, AutoCAD, Ansys, PLM
Be a part of a multi-disciplinary culture with a diverse mindset!
As the largest Robotics company based out of India, Addverb provides the chance to work alongside intellectual minds and be part of a diverse, multi-disciplinary culture. With international exposure and a flexible work environment based on freedom with responsibility, Addverb offers endless opportunities for growth and learning. Additionally, enjoy great health benefits, marriage benefits, paternity, and maternity leaves.