Database Administrator Duties & Responsibilities
– Building database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
– Designing and implementing databases in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
– Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
– Defining users and enabling data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
– Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
– Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
– Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
– Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
– Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
– Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
– Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and NoSQL database management systems
– Experience with their database software/web applications
– The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
– Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
– Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
Database Administrator Skills & Competencies
– Analytical skills: Must monitor the database performance and evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources.
– Communication skills: Must communicate effectively with managers, developers, and other workers.
– Detail oriented: Understanding of complex systems, and how a minor error can cause major problems.
– Problem-solving skills: When problems come up, administrators must troubleshoot them and resolve the problems.
B.Tech, B.E, M.C.A
– Must have Work Experience with 4-6 years
– Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
– Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
– Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
– Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
– Familiarity with programming languages API
– Preferable Female Candidates.